Student Services Graphic

Page PDF

Student Services


See Advising.

Academic Standards

See Academic Standards.

Academic Tutoring

See Academic Tutoring.

Accessibility Services

Services for Students with Disabilities
Office: LC 312
Telephone: 801-863-8747
Web: Accessibility Services

The Accessibility Services Department serves Utah Valley University students and the community by providing access to the campus and curriculum for individuals with disabilities to facilitate, support, and encourage their academic success, their retention and ensure their academic rights. Services are available to students who have documentation substantiating various conditions (including a physical, psychological, or learning disability) and may include: sign language interpreting, testing accommodations, text in audio format, note taking, adaptive equipment, transfer of printed material to Braille, and other individualized services.

Alumni Association

Office: AL 003
Telephone: 801-863-8179

The Utah Valley University (BBIN宝盈平台官网 ) Alumni Association connects the 185,000+ strong alumni community to current students, the University, and to each other in support of BBIN宝盈平台官网’s mission on student success. Through Academic Colleges and Schools Networks, Industry and Regional Networks, Affinity Communities, Career Development, and Volunteering, our alumni are active participants in the life of BBIN宝盈平台官网. As students, you are our future alumni and lifelong members of the Wolverine family. Details about Alumni-Student programs can be found at

Campus Connection

Located: SC 106f
Telephone: 801-863-8797Email:
Web: Campus Connection


Campus Connection is the place to go to get your BBIN宝盈平台官网 OneCard/BBIN宝盈平台官网 Plus Card (Student ID) and information on all student activities sponsored by or held at the Utah Valley University Campus along with the following services:

BBIN宝盈平台官网 OneCard/BBIN宝盈平台官网 PlusCard

The card will allow discounted access to most student activities and athletic events. The card allows access to services provided by the library, PE Issue Room, and athletic facilities. It also offers discounted entrance into selected community events, activities, and dances. Student fees entitle each student to one BBIN宝盈平台官网 OneCard for the duration of his/her enrollment at BBIN宝盈平台官网 (minimum of 5 years). Students should save their cards even if they skip a semester or a year or two, because the card is automatically validated when registration is paid. Replacement cards are $15, some exceptions may apply.

BBIN宝盈平台官网 PlusCard is everything the BBIN宝盈平台官网 OneCard is PLUS it becomes your UCCU Debit Card all in one. Just go to the Campus Connection site.

The BBIN宝盈平台官网 GreenBucks Account is a debit account made available for students to deposit funds at Campus Connection or online at (VISA, MasterCard, and Discover cards are accepted to put money on the BBIN宝盈平台官网 OneCard). With these funds on their card, students can make purchases on campus for food, books, postal services, and special event tickets. When the BBIN宝盈平台官网 GreenBucks is used in Dining Services, students receive a 5% discount. For more details, call Campus Connection 801-863-8797 or go to SC 106f.

UTA Transit Pass

All BBIN宝盈平台官网 students are eligible to receive a free UTA Transit Pass. Patrons must be registered for at least one class of the current semester AND have a BBIN宝盈平台官网 ID Card before the pass can be activated. Students are also eligible to have dependent passes for their spouse or any children between the ages of 6 and 24. Replacement dependent cards are $15 and can be obtained from the Campus Connection desk or by requesting them online.

Other Services

Tickets and SmithsTix for various campus and community events; faxing domestic and international; campus lost and found; passport photos; monitoring and placement of all temporary signage; general information. See for more up to date information.

US Post Office

Located: SC 104
Telephone: 801-863-6067


The US Postal Service is also available across the hall from Campus Connection. Stamps (singles, books, and rolls), Packaging Products, Express, Priority, Media-Mail, Bound Printed Matter, Global Priority, Global Express, Global Air Mail, Registered, Certified, Delivery Confirmation, and so forth, are available. Cash, Check, Credit, Debit Cards, BBIN宝盈平台官网 GreenBucks and BBIN宝盈平台官网 ProCards are accepted. Index codes are not an acceptable form of payment. Go to more information.

Campus Recreation & Wellness

Located: SL 211
Telephone: 801-863-5553
Web: Campus Recreation

The Department of Campus Recreation & Wellness includes recreational portion of the Student Life & Wellness Center (SLWC), SLWC Bowling Alley/Gaming Center, The Project Climbing Wall, and Wellness Programs, Intramurals and Club Sports, Rodeo and Outdoor Adventure Center departments.

Through our various services and programs, we offer a variety of engaging recreational, health and wellness opportunities for BBIN宝盈平台官网 students and staff. Our mission is to enrich the quality of life for students, faculty and staff by providing a broad range of recreation, wellness, and student engagement opportunities that complement the academic experience. We actively promote the pursuit of a balanced, healthy lifestyle to our diverse university community.

Care about Childcare at Utah Valley University

Program Director: Joyce Hasting
Office: EE 009
Telephone: 801-863-8557
Web:  Care About Child Care

Care About Childcare at Utah Valley University is a resource and referral agency to assist persons seeking licensed childcare and preschool programs. They provide childcare referrals in Utah, Summit, Wasatch and Juab counties. A free personalized list of available child care can be found online at, and by calling the referral line at 801-863-8589 or toll free 1-800-952-8220. Their program also provides technical assistance to persons wanting information about child development and child care. One of the most important services they offer is to help child care programs, improve their professional development by providing low cost professional child care courses. The program also offers grants, program coaching and technical assistance to early child care learning professionals. All of their services are offered in both English and Spanish to community members, students, parents, early childhood professionals and programs.

Career Development Center

Office: LC 409
Telephone: 801-863-6364
Web: Career Development Center


Through comprehensive career counseling services, and by fostering community, regional, and national employer relationships, the Career Development Center promotes individual career success and employment potential for students and alumni.

Our services include access to:

Center for Global and Intercultural Engagement

CO-Directors Michelle Kearns and Janet Colvin
Location: LA 114
Telephone: 801-863-8357Email:
Web: Center for Global and Intercultural Engagement

The Center for Global and Intercultural Engagement (CGIE) supports the University efforts to prepare globally competent citizens. To accomplish these objectives, CGIE collaborates closely with colleges, schools, and other units across campus to create a community of students, staff, and faculty that share multicultural and international knowledge, attitudes, experiences, and efforts. We are committed to fostering an inclusive atmosphere for all students and to preparing them for an increasingly complex, diverse, and globalized society. CGIE is comprised of three programs.

  1. Office for Global Engagement (GEO): GEO facilitates international academic and co-curricular engaged learning experiences through study abroad and exchange programs, diplomacy, and intercultural events. Our programs include Study Abroad and other international travel opportunities, Global Initiatives, Visiting Scholars, and Dignitary & Global Events. GEO liaisons with the General Counsel for International Agreements, the BBIN宝盈平台官网 Internships office for international internships, and with the Office of Engaged Learning for the G/I Distinction program. We serve as the central hub for the BBIN宝盈平台官网’s affiliate membership with the United Nations Department of Global Communication, UN Academic Impact, and the Fulbright Program. 
  2. Multicultural Student Services (MSS): Our programs provide a full range of support services targeting historically underrepresented populations with an eye toward inclusion of all students across campus. The mission is to promote educational opportunities and intercultural enrichment for diverse students, LGBTQIA+ students, and the wider campus community. Our programs aim to nurture student achievement and develop relationships that support student success, academic growth, retention, and completion of educational programs. Services include general academic advising and cultural navigation, registration and financial aid help, student leadership opportunities and support, multicultural club advisement and support, academic and social events, and initiative programs that provide specific resources for students who identify under the African diaspora, Latino/a/x, LGBTQIA+, Native American, and Pacific Islander student populations.
  3. International Student Services (ISS):  Our programs provide advisement and support on visa, employment, and academic issues for BBIN宝盈平台官网’s international student population. Students with questions regarding immigration, visa, or related issues may visit one of our advisors in LA 114. ISS activities including orientations each semester for all new international students, managing the federally mandated Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) to ensure that all international students at BBIN宝盈平台官网 are legally “in status,” and providing a variety of services designed to promote the academic success of our international students.

Center for Social Impact

Office: SC 105
Telephone: 801-863-8786
Web: Center for Social Impact

Welcome to the Center for Social Impact! We develop active citizens who make social impact in our communities. We work in six pathways of social impact: direct service, community-engaged learning and research, social entrepreneurship, policy and governance, community organizing and activism, and philanthropy. Come join the Social Impact Fellows, go on an Alternative Spring Break, be a Social Impact Scholar, launch a project in the Impact Incubators, or take a service-learning class! For more information on all the ways you can make an impact, visit

Dean of Students/AVP Student Life

Alexis Palmer
Office: SL 201
Telephone: 801-863-8311
Web: Student Life

The Dean of Students is committed to creating resources, programs, initiatives, and events that support and advocate for students. Student Life supports the holistic development of students by collaborating with campus and community partners in providing intellectual, physical, emotional, social, and civic experiences.

Dining Services

Office: SC 201
Telephone: 801-863-8664
Web: Dining Services

Dining Services provides a variety of food options on campus, and is always working to expand our variety of options for our customers. The mission of the department is centered to students and their dining enjoyment and benefit. For a list of locations and operating hours, visit the Dining Services website.

First-Year Advising Center

Location:  LC 402
Telephone:  801-863-8425
Web:  First Year Advising



The First-Year Advising Center (FAC) provides free, holistic academic advising services to new students, students who have yet to earn 30 credit hours, and any undecided students pursuing a associate’s degree of university studies. Our advisors provide a personalized support experience for students as they transition to studies at BBIN宝盈平台官网.

First-Year Experience (FYE)

Office: LC 405
Telephone: 801-863-4000
Web: First Year Experience

BBIN宝盈平台官网’s First-Year Experience (FYE) program is designed to help new students make a smooth and successful transition to college life. Participation in the following FYE programs will help students build a foundation of success:

Fulton Library

Telephone: 801-863-8265
Fax: 801-863-7065
Web: Fulton Library


Director: Lesli Baker
Office: FL 503e
Telephone: 801-863-8286

The Fulton Library has friendly librarians and staff waiting to help! In-person and online research help is available to assist students and faculty with locating the information and resources they need. The library houses hundreds of thousands of materials both online and inhouse, including books, films, journals, newspapers, audio/visual equipment for checkout, and much more. BBIN宝盈平台官网 ID cards are accepted for checking out materials at all college and university libraries in the state. Interlibrary Loan service quickly gets materials not available at the Fulton Library from other libraries for free. The Fulton Library is a dynamic space that hosts two open computer labs with specialized software, a family study room, group study rooms, the Writing Center, a copy center, a deaf studies lab, the Assistive Technology Center, the Office of Teaching and Learning, the Center for Constitutional Studies, and an art gallery. It is also home to Mom Fulton’s Café and the Bingham Gallery, which contains the Roots of Knowledge stained glass exhibit.

Housing and Residence Life

Office: SL 214
Telephone: 801-863-8659
Web:  Housing


The Department of Housing and Residence Life provides students with a variety of housing services including: an annual Student Housing Booklet, resources for married, graduate and international students, information on available housing scholarships and state and national housing laws. Information concerning local housing options, is available on our website, in the Housing Office, or through email.

Utah Valley University does not own, manage, or approve any student housing. The University works closely with local student housing complexes to provide accurate and up-to-date information on all housing options listed within the local area, so that students can choose the most suitable housing while attending BBIN宝盈平台官网.

Should disputes between a Landlord and a BBIN宝盈平台官网 Student Tenant arise, a free mediation service is available through the Office Student Conduct and Conflict Resolution located in SL 212b. To schedule an appointment for mediation services, please call 801-863-7237. The Office of Housing and Residence Life does not provide legal counsel regarding housing.

Intramural and Club Sports

Director: Dustin LaMont
Manager: Alex Gebers
Office: SL 213
Telephone: 801-863-5568
Web: Intramurals

The Intramural Sports Program is one of the largest co-curricular activity programs that complement the formal academic curriculum. It offers extensive opportunities to currently enrolled Utah Valley University students, faculty, staff and their spouses/partners in a number of competitive and structured activities each year. Participation in the program is voluntary and determined by interest.

Participation can provide one with opportunities to have fun, learn new sports, meet people from other cultures, test one’s physical ability as well as offer a break from routine. Team sports generally take on a league structure and a post-season tournament to determine champions. Special events range from one day to several day tournaments. In most events, skill levels and divisions are established to allow competition for men’s, women’s, co-ed and Mixed teams at various skill levels.

The Intramural Sports program strives to provide programming for all levels of ability and experience. Our aim is to serve the recreational needs of the majority of the student body and not just the athletic minority.

Club Sports bridge the gap between intramural and intercollegiate athletics by providing competition at specialized levels, participation in tournaments, and opportunities to practice. Although some clubs remain solely recreational, most are highly competitive.

BBIN宝盈平台官网 Club Sports offers a structured environment to practice and play the game students’ love.  Participation in Club Sports allows individuals to engage with the University in a unique way.  Club Sports are managed and run by the participants themselves, including coach selection, travel, fundraising, scheduling, practices, and participant development.  Club Sports are meant to enhance the individual learning experiences through involvement, commitment, and working in a team setting.

A competitive spirit of fair play and good sportsmanship is encouraged in order to provide all with a wholesome recreational experience. Participants and staff are asked to conduct themselves in a manner consistent with, and in support of, those values set forth by Utah Valley University.

Learning Strategies Support

See University College.


Office: FC 100 (Facilities Complex)
936 S. 400 W., Orem (Next to Parking Services)
Telephone: 801-863-8130


Lockers are available for student use in the Gunther Technology Building and are rented through the Facilities/Physical Plant Office. Locker rentals are $5 per semester or $13 per year. This fee is non-refundable. Renewal of lockers needs to be completed before the end of the semester to avoid locker changes and clearance of contents. The renter is responsible for any damages to the locker(s).

Math Lab

See Math Lab.

National Student Exchange

Office: LC 409q
Telephone: 801-863-6219

National Student Exchange (NSE) is a domestic “study away” experience that fits into university initiatives for globalization and diversity. NSE embodies the overall mission of Utah Valley University by providing high impact meaningful Engagement Opportunities for its students. The National Student Exchange, which is a service within the Career Development Center, provides opportunities for undergraduates, to study for up to one calendar year at another NSE member university and pay BBIN宝盈平台官网 tuition rates or the in-state tuition rate of the host school.

With more than 200 colleges and universities from which to choose, students can find a campus that is “custom” to individual degree plans, with just the right combination of courses, facilities, and environment to meet unique personal and academic needs and interests. Spending time at another campus will allow students to grow academically and personally. Students will develop a greater appreciation for the different regions, cultures, and people. NSE extends beyond the borders of the United States to include U.S. territories as well as Canadian provinces. Students participate in order to:

NSE participants have found their exchanges culturally enriching, academically rewarding, and one of the most significant experiences of their undergraduate education. Since its founding in 1968, more than 100,000 students have had the opportunity to break out of their comfort zone, and experience life from a different point of view.

Students will need a 2.5 cumulative GPA and one-year of university work to join these students who have been placed in life-changing exchange situations which challenged their thinking, expanded their educational and personal experiences, and encouraged them to take healthy risks.

After graduation, when you look back at your college days, NSE can be one of those memorable highlights! Don’t let this rare opportunity pass you by!


Office: SL 212b
Telephone: 801-863-7237
Web: Ombuds

Within the BBIN宝盈平台官网 community misunderstandings and disagreements needing resolution occur. The BBIN宝盈平台官网 Ombuds is a mediator and resource who is familiar with campus policies, student’s rights and responsibilities, and can help find useful options within these guidelines. In order to serve as a mediator, as opposed to an advocate, the Ombuds neutrally and objectively listens to all problems and works with the parties involved to find a solution. The Ombuds may be used as a resource for help in a variety of difficult situations. The Ombuds can help with:

All services are offered free of charge.

Outdoor Adventure Center

Office: SL 216
Telephone: 801-863-7052
Web: Outdoor Adventure Center


The Outdoor Adventure Center provides students, staff, faculty and the community an opportunity to learn from the vast outdoor classroom. We offer participants a chance to experience nature while also learning how to protect and preserve the natural environment. Opportunities range from clinics, adventure outings, and afternoon activities. We also offer equipment rentals and retail items that will help get you outside! We collaborate with different academic departments in offering experiential education outside of the classroom, call us today if you are interested in planning an activity for your students. Come in today and let us help with your next adventure. For a list of rental prices visit


Parking and Transportation Services

Located: 936 S. 400 W., Orem
Telephone: 801-863-8188
Web: Parking Services


Parking permits are required to park anywhere on the BBIN宝盈平台官网 main campus and west campus. BBIN宝盈平台官网 uses license plate reader technology and assigns a digital permit to your vehicle license plate at the time of permit purchase. Parking permits are available in our office at 936 S. 400 W. or online through the link found at - there is also information on the site regarding parking maps, regulations, and other information to assist you in parking on campus. We can also be contacted by phone at 801-863-8188 Monday through Friday 7 am to 5 pm.

Parking for People with Disabilities

Only those vehicles carrying distinctive (logo) license plates for people with disabilities or temporary/permanent permits obtained from the Utah State Division of Motor Vehicles at 150 E. Center in Provo plus a valid BBIN宝盈平台官网 handicapped parking permit shall be allowed to park in stalls for the disabled. If all disabled stalls are full in a given area, those displaying a disabled permit may park in the nearest available stall.

Student and Employee Parking

Students and employees operating vehicles on University properties must adhere to all state, local, and university traffic/parking regulations. To park on campus, students and employees must obtain a valid parking permit from Parking Services. Employees and Students will need to provide their vehicle information e.g. license plate number, make and model before a permit can be issued to them. Permits are not required to park in any employee or student lot after 5 p.m.

Visitor Parking

Visitors operating vehicles on University property must adhere to all state, local, and university traffic/parking regulations. There are three visitor pay lots on campus.

If you are visiting campus, you will need to use one of our pay lots when you park on campus.  There are thirteen pay lots throughout campus. The L1 pay lot at the front of campus is $1 per hour and has a 2 hour maximum limit for short term parking. The Parking Garage in the middle of campus is $1 per hour with a 2 hour minimum. Both of these lots have parking meters that will accept all major credit cards (we transitioned to a cashless system) or you can use the totally contactless Passport phone application. The remaining 11 pay lots require payment through the phone application only.  

Our Day Pass can be purchased by faculty, staff, students, or guest. The cost is $5 per day and it allows access to our parking lots, L9, L10, M28, M29.

Payment is required in all of our pay lots between 5 a.m. and 10 p.m., seven days a week

If you have any questions regarding parking on campus, please contact the Parking Services Office at 801-863-8188.


Physical Education Services (Issue Room)

PE Services Director: Sam Atoa
Office: RL 119
Telephone: 801-863-8567

Assistant Director: Ashley Iosefa
Office: RL150 (Issue Room)
Telephone: 801-863-8628

The Rebecca Lockhart building serves as the home for many Physical Education classes, Intercollegiate Women’s Volleyball, and Men’s Wrestling.

Facilities included are: men’s/women’s locker rooms, one main basketball floor, a single lane indoor track, one aerobic/dance area, a martial arts room, weight room, cardio machines,  a motor learn lab, dance rooms, and various faculty/staff offices.

BBIN宝盈平台官网 PE Issue t-shirts are used for the Physical Education Facilities. You must have your BBIN宝盈平台官网 ID card or valid ID to check out the issue clothing.  Lockers are available to rent each semester. For additional information and hours of operation, please refer to the PE Issue room (RL 150) or call 801-863-8628.   

Printing Services

See Printing Services

Offset Printing

Located:  AX-130
Telephone: 801-863-8415

Graphic Design

Located:  AX-121
Telephone: 801-863-8415

Library Copy Center

Located: LI-209
Telephone: 801-863-7003

Digital and Speciality Printing

Located: AX-121
Telephone: 801-863-7093

Printing Services provides offset printing, digital printing, specialty printing, and graphic design services for the BBIN宝盈平台官网 community. The digital printing center is located in the Auxiliary Services Building room 131. Offset printing and bindery operations are located in AX-131. Printing Services also provides specialty printing services including wide format printing, laminating, mounting, and engraving. This facility is located in the AX building room 130, adjacent to the digital printing facility. For questions regarding services, capabilities, pricing, or scheduling, contact our main office at extension 8415 or contact the department director at extension 8371.   

Sorensen Student Center

Office: SC 105
Telephone: 801-863-8612

Located in the heart of the Orem Campus, the Wilson W. Sorensen Student Center represents the center for campus life. The Center provides students, faculty, staff, and guests a setting for informal associations, special events, banquet and workshop facilities, social and cultural activities, and the everyday amenities such as food, books, and supplies. Services and activities provided by the Student Center include the following:

BBIN宝盈平台官网 Campus Store

Located: SC 102
Telephone: 801-863-8641

Campus Connection (UVID and proximity card, information, and box office services)

Located: SC 106
Telephone: 801-863-8797

Center for Social Impact

Located: SC 105
Telephone: 801-863-8786

Dining & Catering Services

Located: SC 201
Telephone: 801-863-8664

Food Court

Located: SC 111

Office of Student Affairs

Located: SC 209
Telephone: 801-863-6158

Ragan Theater (400 seat facility for multi-purpose event and program functions)

Located: SC 216
Telephone: 801-863-8612

Scoops Ice Cream Shop

Located: PS 101

Student Center Administration & Scheduling

Located: SC 109
Telephone: 801-863-8612

Student Health Services (medical services, mental health therapy)

Located: SC 221
Telephone: 801-863-8876

U.S. Postal Services

Located: SC 104
Telephone: 801-863-6067

Utah Community Credit Union

Located: SC 101j
Telephone: 801-223-7595

Conference Room Facilities

Grande Ballroom: SC 106a
The Commons: SC 106
Center Stage: SC 108
SC 206a, SC 206b, SC 206c,
SC 206g, SC 206h, SC 213a,
SC 213b, SC 213c, SC 214    

Student Action Learning

Director: Grant Flygare
Office: LC 205
Telephone: 801-863-6227
Web: Student Action Learning

Student Action Learning creates and implements activities and expeditions for student centered learning (out of the classroom, hands-on, experience-centered learning). Action Learning works collaboratively with students, faculty and professional community partners to bring about a full and exciting student life experience.

Students can develop leadership skills by becoming an Action Learning Leader, creating learning expeditions connected to specific interests, or as a Zone Manager, facilitating day time activities on campus that are centered on student interests.

Student Computing

Office: LA 003V
Telephone: 801-863-5852
Web: Student Computing

Student Computing has been established to provide computing resources and technical support services that enhance the educational experience of the students of BBIN宝盈平台官网. These services include: The Open Student Computer Labs, Campus Kiosks, Hallway printing, Various Academic labs, Student printing (lab printing, mobility printing, and

The Open Student Computer Labs are available to all currently registered BBIN宝盈平台官网 students on a first-come, first-serve basis. No charge is required for the use of the computers. Lab Assistants are available to provide support and to help keep the equipment running. These labs contain 254 computers and have Internet access and E-mail as well as popular application software to assist students with their class work. There is also tables set up for students to bring their own personal device to charge as needed and get assistance from the Lab Assistants.

Info Commons Lab

Located: FL 1st Floor
Telephone: 801-863-6932


The “InfoCommons” lab is located on the bottom floor of the Fulton Library. With 124 workstations, and 20iMac Desktops, this is the largest open lab on campus.

Campus View Lab

Located: FL 2nd floor
Telephone: 801-863-5634


The “Campus View” lab is located on the second floor of the Fulton Library, with 39 workstations, it is overlooking the café and study area.

Computer Loft

Located: SC 215
Telephone: 801-863-6081


The “Computer Loft” lab is located upstairs from the bookstore and across from the Ragan Theater and has 56 workstations

Fishbowl Lab

Located: SC 116
Telephone: 801-863-8390


The “Fishbowl" is located at the junction of the Student Center, Losee Center and Woodbury Business building and has 29 workstations.

Wasatch Campus Lab

Located: NG 107
Telephone: 801-863-7147



Located: WC 206 (Heber)
Telephone: 801-863-6628


Student Computing has also put in place Open lab Computers in the hallways throughout campus, with printing capabilities.

For information on Student computing, tutorial videos, list of software available to students, and print and charging station locations visit the Student Computing site, also follow us in Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter @uvusc


Student Government

Utah Valley University Student Association (BBIN宝盈平台官网SA)
Office: SL 122
Telephone: 801-863-8652
Web: BBIN宝盈平台官网SA

Every student is a member of the Utah Valley University Student Association (BBIN宝盈平台官网SA). Student government/student council is the governing body of BBIN宝盈平台官网SA and has multiple ways for students to get involved! The program offers a variety of volunteer, appointed, elected positions where students can influence and enhance the social and academic culture of the University. Student leaders can participate on campus committees, plan events and activities, and advocate for student needs and issues.

Information on ways to get involved with BBIN宝盈平台官网SA/Student Government can found at or by visiting their office in SL 122.

Student Health Services

Office: SC 221
Telephone: 801-863-8876
Web: Student Health

Student Health Services is designed to assist students with a variety of health issues. Our purpose is to provide students with opportunities to improve their health through basic medical care, psychological services, suicide prevention and awareness, and learning disability assessment. We offer life enhancing services that increase the safety, productivity and life experience of the individual and the campus. Through our services we enhance the personal development and lifelong opportunities of BBIN宝盈平台官网 students.

Therapy Services

Personal Counseling, Emotional Support, Learning Disability Testing and Referral

Student Health Services offers short-term counseling to assist students through stressful and crisis situations affecting their performance in school and personal relationships. We provide assessment and treatment for a variety of mental health concerns such as anxiety, depression, eating disorders, trauma, grief, substance abuse and relationship issues.

The therapists are experienced professionals who offer support in an atmosphere of understanding and confidentiality. Programs offer individual assessment, individual, couples and group counseling and referral to campus and community resources. To set an appointment with a psychological professional, please contact us at 801-863-8876.

Medical Services

Student health is promoted through a complete offering of medical and psychiatric services. We are able to write prescriptions, do lab work, medication management, physical exams, sutures and treat many other medical conditions. We treat a variety of acute and chronic illnesses and injuries. We are staffed by medical doctors, nurse practitioners and medical assistants.

Students currently enrolled at BBIN宝盈平台官网 or any of its satellite campus locations are eligible for medical care on the Orem Campus. To set an appointment with a medical professional, please contact us at 801-863-8876.

Suicide Prevention

For staff or classroom training please contact us at 801-863-8876. Crisis counseling is available at Student Health Services. If you are currently in a suicide crisis please notify the front desk for priority scheduling. In the case of an emergency or outside of our business hours, please call 911 or 801-863-5555.


Student Media & Publications

Office: SL 214
Telephone: 801-863-6498

Student Media and Publications is BBIN宝盈平台官网’s home of The BBIN宝盈平台官网 Review, the independent student newspaper. Students interested in producing news, writing, photography, graphic design, advertising sales, video broadcast content, web page content and design should come for practical experience and learning. These nationally award winning student media are produced year around. If you’re interested in receiving hands on experience producing media publications visit us in SL 214. Call Media Coordinator 801-863-6498 for additional information.   

Student Success/UV Mentor Program

See University College.

Testing Services

Office: Wolverine Service Center–North Entrance

Testing Services assists students, faculty, and the community. It is divided into three branches: Assessment, Classroom Testing, and the Proctored Exam Center.

Assessment Center

Located: WS 101
Telephone: 801-863-8269
See: Testing Services

The primary responsibility of the Assessment Center is to provide assessment testing for various courses. Testing sessions for are conducted throughout the day, some require an appointment while others do not. Check our website for details at, and take special note of our hours, as they do change at different times during the year.

New students must meet one of following assessment requirements:

Classroom Testing Center

Located: WS 112
Telephone: 801-863-7461

The Classroom Testing Center (CTC) is located in the Wolverine Service Center (WS 112). The CTC provides testing services enabling students to take participating instructors’ exams in the center on a flexible schedule. The CTC is generally open six days a week Monday - Saturday. Students can obtain test schedules and scores by logging into and use UV Link user name and password to log in. Highlight the exam name and click on View test score(s).

Proctored Exam Center (PEC)

Located: WS 111
Telephone: 801-863-8544

The Proctored Exam Center (PEC) provides testing accommodations to BBIN宝盈平台官网 students with disabilities as well as services for distance education students who need to have a test proctored from another university or college. Students with disabilities requiring assistance MUST obtain a letter from the Accessibility Services Department before being eligible to use the PEC. Scheduling an individual appointment for testing is required for both parties. For scheduling information and further assistance, call 801-863-8544.   

TRIO College Prep Programs

Educational Talent Search & Upward Bound

Talent Search

Director: Michael M. Campbell
Telephone: 801-863-8569

Coordinator: Rebecca Ayala
Telephone: 801-863-7216

Administrative Support: Kasha Farmer
Telephone: 801-863-7414

Talent Search serves young people in grades six through twelve. In addition to counseling, participants receive information about college admissions requirements, scholarships and various student financial aid programs. This early intervention program helps young people to better understand their educational opportunities and options. BBIN宝盈平台官网 services Orem, Provo, Wasatch, South Summit, Duchesne, and Uintah.

Upward Bound

Director: Michael M. Campbell
Telephone: 801-863-8569

Coordinator: Alex Atwood
Telephone: 801-863-8570

Administrative Support: Kasha Farmer
Telephone: 801-863-7216

Upward Bound helps young people and adults prepare for higher education. Participants receive instruction in literature, composition, mathematics and science on college campuses after school, on Saturdays and during the summer. BBIN宝盈平台官网 services students from Orem, Provo, Wasatch, Duchesne and Uintah.


TRIO Student Support Services (SSS)

Office: LA 012
Telephone: 801-863-8541

TRIO Student Support Services (SSS) is a federally funded program. The purpose of TRIO SSS is to:

To be eligible to receive TRIO SSS services, a student must meet all of the following requirements:

Meets at least one of the following criteria:

Eligible students are selected into BBIN宝盈平台官网’s TRIO SSS program based upon their academic need and upon their ability to benefit from the services offered. Space is limited, so students are advised to apply early.   

Turning Point (Community Education)

Director: TBA
Office: HP 116
Telephone: 801-863-7580
Web: Turning Point

The Turning Point Program is a community and university resource, which provides access to numerous services to help individuals’ complete educational goals, build personal relationships, master communication skills, and explore varied career options in the workforce. Dedicated to quality support service, this program increases the emotional, social, and economic well-being of all participants.

Class offerings include:

Additional Turning Point Services:

Professional Clothing Source, GED referrals, mentoring, referrals to community and campus resources, and reduced tuition for low-income individuals who qualify.

Tutoring & Academic Skills Services

See  University College.


UCCU Center

Office: EC 012
Telephone: 801-863-8768
Web: UCCU Center

The UCCU Center is a multipurpose facility serving the University and the community. The UCCU Center hosts a variety of local and special performances, sports events, educational seminars, concerts, conventions, trade shows, lectures and other community gatherings.

Some events that are hosted here include basketball games, circus performances, business trade shows and expos as well as various types of concerts. The events center is an excellent choice for hosting any kind of event.


The mission of BBIN宝盈平台官网 Athletics is to provide a wide range of athletic programs that are highly competitive and nationally recognized on a consistent basis. The department seeks to provide the individual athlete with the opportunity to improve athletic skills and abilities while obtaining an exceptional quality education with the best facilities and coaching staff available, to benefit the athlete in future academic, athletic, and vocational endeavors. Each student-athlete is required to be in good standing academically and making progress toward graduation with a bachelor degree according to NCAA requirements.

The Wolverines compete at the NCAA Division I level and currently are members of the Western Athletic Conference. BBIN宝盈平台官网 offers the following NCAA Division I sports: Baseball, Softball, Men’s and Women’s Basketball, Men’s and Women’s Cross Country, Men’s and Women’s Golf, Men’s and Women’s Indoor and Outdoor Track and Field, Men’s and Women’s Soccer, and Women’s Volleyball.

For more specific information regarding any sport or team, please call our Athletic Department Office at 801-863-8998, or look us up on the internet at:

Cheerleaders & “THE WOLVERINE”

The BBIN宝盈平台官网 Cheerleaders are a large part of promoting fan involvement and enthusiasm at BBIN宝盈平台官网 athletic events. The squad consists of highly talented young men and women who perform stunting and tumbling routines.

The WOLVERINE is the school mascot who is also involved in crowd interaction and may be seen hanging from the rafters or dropping through the middle of the basketball hoop to excite fans.

Tryouts for these positions are held each spring, and specific information about tryouts may be obtained by calling Student Leadership and Activities at 801-863-8150.

Dance Team

The BBIN宝盈平台官网 Dance Team is comprised of 12-16 skilled dancers who perform regularly at BBIN宝盈平台官网 Athletic Events. The Team employs a wide range of styles and utilizes Jazz, Funk, and Lyrical Dance numbers, all choreographed by the team members and director. Tryouts are held each spring. For more information call Student Leadership and Activities at 801-863-8150.

BBIN宝盈平台官网 Campus Store

Located: SC 102 (Centre Stage Temporary Location for June 2020 to April 2021 during Sorensen Center Construction)
Telephone: 801-863-8641


  • Fall and Spring semesters:
    • Monday - Thursday 7:30 a.m. - 6 p.m.
    • Friday 7:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
    • Saturday 9 a.m. - 1 p.m.
  • Summer semester:
    • Monday, Friday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
    • Tuesday, Wednesday 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.
  • Closed Sundays and Campus Holidays

The BBIN宝盈平台官网 Campus Store is open each weekday to serve the students, faculty and staff of BBIN宝盈平台官网. Course Materials are purchased online at  or MyBBIN宝盈平台官网/Textbooks. At the BBIN宝盈平台官网 Campus Store you find your required Course Materials and everything else you will need for your college career: BBIN宝盈平台官网 apparel, backpacks, BBIN宝盈平台官网 insignia, school supplies, computers, calculators, cables, headphones, general reading materials, reference books, snacks.

BBIN宝盈平台官网 Clubs

Office: SL 122
Telephone: 801-863-8820
Web: Clubs

BBIN宝盈平台官网 Clubs connects students to BBIN宝盈平台官网 in a unique way that reflects each student’s individual interests and academic desires.

The Clubs Branch, also known as the ICC Executive Board, works with 100+ active clubs by facilitating club success on campus. Many clubs are very active on campus and have received local, state, and national recognitions.

By getting involved in a club, students have the opportunity to increase leadership, citizenship, and service skills that enhance BBIN宝盈平台官网 and the community. Students meet new people, develop skill sets, and most of all, have fun. For information on existing clubs and/or procedures for chartering a new club, look on the web at, or contact the BBIN宝盈平台官网 Clubs Office in SL 122.

Veteran Success Center

Office: WB 100a
Telephone: 801-863-8212
Web:  Veterans Success

Veterans eligible for VA Education Benefits may obtain assistance at the Veteran Success Center located in the Woodbury Business Building. Veterans not receiving VA educational benefits are also encouraged to send their Military Transcripts or JST (Joint Service Transcripts) to the transcript office to begin the evaluation process.

Guideline for Enrollment and Progress

According to VA standards of progress, educational benefits will be paid for courses required for graduation in the student’s declared educational objective. Eligible persons will be required to maintain the academic standards of the school  and to actively and consistently pursue their declared educational objective in order to maintain benefits. To receive Veterans Educational Benefits, students are required to attend class. Benefits will be terminated for non-attendance. This may cause an over-payment to the student and result in debts that the student is ultimately responsible for.  Some veterans receiving VA educational benefits must verify their attendance to receive their benefits. Please check with the Veteran Success Center for current procedures.

Veterans and dependents receiving grades of “UW” (unofficial withdrawal) or “W” (withdrawal) will have to reimburse the VA for any difference in pay, retroactive up to the beginning of the semester; exceptions may be made if students can report mitigating circumstances to the Department of Veterans Affairs. Benefits will not be paid for a course that is audited (AU).

New Military Connected Students

New students applying for VA educational benefits may be requested to submit to the BBIN宝盈平台官网 Veterans’ Service Coordinator either original or certified copies of the following documents: (1) VA claim (c) number, if applicable, and (2) Confirmation of VA.Gov application, (3) Certificate of Eligibility. This information is needed as soon as possible to ensure timely and accurate processing of benefits. BBIN宝盈平台官网 forms can be found online at Official transcripts from all previously attended colleges or universities are required. The VA will not pay for any course the student has previously taken and successfully completed.

Continuing & Returning Military Connected Students

All continuing and returning military connected students must submit to BBIN宝盈平台官网 Veteran Success Center promptly after registering for the semester a Veterans’ Class Schedule Form that can be found online. This form must be submitted each semester to indicate that the student requests to receive educational benefits for that semester. Please be aware that adding and dropping classes may cause a debt with the Department of Veterans Affairs. Students are required to keep the BBIN宝盈平台官网 Veteran Success Center informed of any changes made to their class schedule.  Failure to inform of changes may result in a debt to the University or the VA. 

In accordance with Title 38 US Code 3679(e), Utah Valley University adopts the following additional provisions for any students using U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Post-9/11 G.I. Bill® (Ch. 33) or Vocational Rehabilitation & Employment (Ch. 31) benefits, while payment to the institution is pending from VA.  Utah Valley University will not:

However, to qualify for this provision, such students may be required to:

GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).


Wee Care Center

Front Telephone: 801-863-7266
Web: Wee Care Center

Director: Jolene Merica
Location: WE 102
Telephone: 801-863-7267

Manager: Melisa Hunt
Location: WE 103
Telephone: 801-863-4775

The Wee Care Center is designed to meet the childcare needs of parent-students at BBIN宝盈平台官网. Quality care is provided to children ages six weeks to six years. All services are based on a sliding fee scale according to size of family and income. Enrollment is based on a first-come, first-served basis with priority given to Pell-eligible returning parents and parent-students who are single, low income or near degree completion. The Wee Care Center is NECPA accredited.

Women’s Success Center

Web: Women's Success Center

Senior Director: Tara Ivie
Office: LC 302c
Telephone: 801-863-3020

Assistant Director: Lauren Hoover
Office: LC 302b
Telephone: 801-863-5723

Program Coordinator: Holly Coutts
Office: LC 305b
Telephone: 801-863-7583

Program Coordinator: Justine Dorton
Office: LC 303b
Telephone: 801-863-6954

Program Coordinator: Alyssa Goya
Office: LC 304a
Telephone: 801-863-8498

Program Coordinator: Briettny Curtner
Office: LC 304b
Telephone: 801-863-8080

Marketing Manager: TBA

Administrative Assistant: Monique Barr
Office: LC 303
Telephone: 801-863-3010

The mission of the Women’s Success Center is to recruit, retain, and graduate female students. We work to help all women graduate by providing support and removing barriers that prevent them from finishing a degree.

Writing Center

See Writing Center.


Other Important Student Information

Student Right to Know

Utah Valley University hosts information regarding the Student Right-to-Know and Campus Security Act of 1991 on the HEA Student Consumer Information website. The Student Right-to-Know Act of 1991 requires all colleges and universities participating in Federal Student Aid Programs to disclose campus security policies, crime statistics, and information on students receiving athletically-related student aid, graduation rates, and other basic information about the University. To access a copy of the current Campus Security Report please visit

Alcohol, Tobacco & Drugs

Utah Valley University, historically and at present, seeks to encourage and sustain an academic environment that promotes the health, safety, and welfare of all members of its community. In keeping with these objectives, alcoholic beverages, unlawful drugs, or other illegal substances shall not be consumed, used, carried, sold, or unlawfully manufactured on any property or in any building owned, leased, or rented by BBIN宝盈平台官网, or at any activity sponsored by the University. (BBIN宝盈平台官网 Policy 157)

Any individual known to be in violation will be subject to University disciplinary action and to substantial legal sanctions pursuant to Local, County, State and Federal laws.

Smoking is prohibited in all University buildings and concourses. (BBIN宝盈平台官网 Policy 158)

All students can access a copy of the University Drug Policy online each semester at It explains the policy and University sanctions that may follow as a result of inappropriate drug and or alcohol use and the known health risks associated with inappropriate use.

Confidentiality of Records Policy

Utah Valley University is concerned for the confidentiality of student academic records, and a reasonable balance between the obligation of the institution for the instruction and welfare of the student and its responsibility to society. The University will make every effort to maintain student academic records in confidence by keeping information from individuals who are not authorized to receive it or who might use it for illegitimate purposes. The policy also reflects the efforts of the University to comply with the provisions of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974.

Upon presentation of appropriate identification and under circumstances which preclude alteration or mutilation of records, students will be able to inspect all records relating to themselves which are not considered by the University to be private records of University Personnel. A student is entitled to an explanation of any recorded data and may initiate action leading to a hearing, if necessary, to correct or expunge information he or she considers inaccurate or misleading.

Faculty and administrative officers who have a legitimate need to use student records will be allowed access to such records, as needed without prior permission from the student. A request from an educational institution to which the student has applied for admission, or from an institution or agency, from which the student is seeking financial assistance will be granted without written permission of the student. Similarly, data will be furnished to university accrediting bodies and governmental officials without written permission of the student.

No student information other than directory information will be given to any third party (except those mentioned above) without written consent of the student, and then only those records accessible to the student. The term party is construed to include parents, employers, government agencies, or any other people or organizations. Parents or guardians may have access to grade reports of a student’s activity if the parents establish to the satisfaction of the University that they are providing one-half or more of the student’s support. Court orders and subpoenas for records will be referred to and acted upon according to the directions of the Registrar. The University will make a reasonable effort to notify the student prior to release of information in response to subpoenas or court orders prior to actual submission of the material.

Directory information will be released to news media and to others upon request.

Directory information is defined as follows:

Students may request, at any time, through the University Registrar’s office.

Civil Rights

Utah Valley University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 and over), disability, veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, or pregnancy-related conditions, citizenship, genetic information, or other basis protected by applicable law in employment, treatment, admission, access to educational programs and activities, or other University benefits or services. The following office has been designated to handle inquiries regarding non-discrimination: EOAA/Title IX – 801-863-5704 – 800 W University Pkwy, Orem, 84058, Suite BA 203.

 Complete policies and procedures regarding Civil Rights (BBIN宝盈平台官网 Policies 152, 153, 154, 157, 158, 160, 161 162, 165) can be found at, then click on Policy Manual.


The University prohibits all forms of protected class discrimination, harassment, and retaliation that violate Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Title VII), Title IV of the Higher Education Amendments Act of 1972 (Title IV), Title VI of the Higher Education Amendments Act of 1972 (Title VI), or related applicable laws. The University shall respond promptly and effectively to reports of protected class discrimination, harassment, and retaliation and shall take appropriate action to stop and prevent the recurrence of such conduct on the complainant and/or the university community.

Prohibited Conduct

Violations of policy 165 include acts of protected class discrimination, harassment, and retaliation within the meaning of Title VII, Title IV, Title VI, or related applicable laws. The University shall respond promptly and effectively to reports of protected class discrimination, harassment, and retaliation and shall take appropriate action to stop and prevent the recurrence of such conduct on the complainant and/or the university community. The University shall take steps to prevent retaliation and shall take strong, responsive action to threats or acts of retaliation. Individuals who, in bad faith, deliberately make false or malicious accusations of violation of this policy shall be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment and/or expulsion from the University. A finding of no violation by the investigator(s) does not in itself constitute proof of a false or malicious accusation. The University may discipline any person who is found to have violated this policy.

Freedom of Speech and Peaceful Assembly


Because free expression and the free exchange of ideas are central to the goals of a university, Utah Valley University is committed to the principles of free speech and assembly guaranteed by the United States Constitution and the Utah Constitution, and in accordance with generally accepted concepts of academic freedom. The University is committed to protecting and enhancing the free exchange of ideas and to artistic expression, the right to free speech, and academic freedom in the University and on the university campus without prior restraint or censorship, subject to limitations on unlawful/unprotected speech and to clearly stated, reasonable, and nondiscriminatory rules regarding time, place, and manner.

Preparation Strategies



Persons violating the time, place, and manner restrictions relating to protests and demonstrations may be subject to arrest or other action authorized by law after notice is given of the restrictions being violated and the personas refuse to cease and desist. Student violations of BBIN宝盈平台官网 Policy 541 Student Code of Conduct may face disciplinary action. 

Locations Appropriate For Peaceful Assembly

Locations are subject to availability; some locations may not be available at all times due to previously scheduled engagements. Speakers may speak in any outdoor area, as long as such speech does not violate time, place, and manner restrictions in BBIN宝盈平台官网 policy 161 section 4.8.6.

Locations include rooms inside the Sorensen Student Center, Grand Ballroom, Theater, Centre Stage or meeting rooms; Athletic fields/Lawn areas; Events Center: Arena, or Presidential Level; Student Life and Wellness Center Plaza; and Pope Science Courtyard


Although it is not necessary for persons planning protests, demonstrations, or speakers to obtain prior permission from the University, the University encourages such personals to contact the campus Event Services to reserve or schedule a place in advance to ensure availability.

BBIN宝盈平台官网 Event Services, SC 103, 801-863-8612
Events Center Scheduling, EC Concourse, 801-863-8767

Sound equipment shall be used only at volume levels that so not disrupt or disturb teaching, research, or other duly authorized meetings or activities at the University, and in accordance with city ordinances. 

Utah Safety Law

In 1965 the Utah State Legislature passed a law requiring every student, teacher, and visitor in any public or private school to wear industrial quality eye protection devices while participating in or observing the following: industrial educational activities involving hot or molten metals; operation of machinery or equipment that may throw particles of foreign matter into the eyes; heating, treating, tempering, or kiln firing of industrial materials; chemistry or physics laboratories when using caustic, explosive, or hot chemicals, liquids, or solids.